Sara’s Instant Pot Coconut Fish Curry
Recipe Adapted From: Hippressurecooking.com
- 1 TBSP coconut oil
- 1.5 lbs white fish fillets, rinsed and cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 14oz can of organic diced tomatoes
- 2 Medium onions diced
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 TBSP fresh grated ginger or 1/8tsp. ginger powder
- 6 curry leaves, or bay leaves, or kaffir lime leaves
- 3 TBSP of curry powder mix
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 2 tsp. Celtic Sea Salt
- Lemon juice to taste
- 4 cups of spinach (optional)
- Press sauté to pre-heat the cooker. When the words ‘normal’ appear on the display, add a tablespoon of coconut oil and drop in the curry leaves and lightly fry them until golden around the edges (about 1 minute).
- Add the onion, garlic and ginger and sauté until the onion is soft.
- Add the curry powder and sauté with the onions for about 1 more min.
- De-glaze with the coconut milk and add tomatoes and fish pieces.
- Stir to coat the fish well in the mixture.
- Add ½ cup of raisins.
- Close and lock the lid of the Instant Pot. Press manual and then choose 3 minutes pressure cooking time.
- When the time is up, open the cooker using Quick Pressure Release. Add salt, lemon and optional spinach before serving.