Quiche with Wild Rice Crust
- 1 ½ to 2 Cups cooked organic rice (try Lundberg Organic Wild Blend)
- 1 medium organic onion, diced
- 3 Tbsp. Pastured butter
- 2 cups organic baby spinach, blanched
- 4 pastured eggs
- 1 ½ to 2 cups Swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 cup organic raw milk
- 1 cup organic raw cream
- 1 Tbsp. Einkorn flour, OR use arrowroot for Grain Free
- 1 tsp. Celtic Sea Salt
- 1 tsp. Ground white pepper
Preheat oven to 325F and prepare glass or ceramic pie plate by greasing liberally with coconut oil. Sautee onion in butter just until soft.
Press cooked rice into prepared pie plate to make a “crust”, about ½ inch deep. Cover rice crust with sauteed onions, half of the cheese, and half of the blanched spinach.
In a large bowl, beat eggs. Whisk in milk, cream, salt, pepper, flour (or arrowroot). Pour over rice crust and cover top with remaining cheese and spinach. Recipe can be varied by adding cooked bacon or sausage, or other veggies.
Bake for 45 to 50 minutes. Let it cool for 15 minutes before serving. Enjoy!