Paleo Sunbutter Swirl Brownies
Recipe adapted from: Cleaneatingwithadirtymind.com
*Makes 9 servings
- 3 ounce dark chocolate bar 60% cacao or higher
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, liquid
- 3/4 cup creamy sunbutter separated into 1/4 cup and 1/2 cup
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips or Enjoy Life chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large sized metal bowl melt the dark chocolate bar using the double boiler method by placing the bowl over a pot of boiling water.
- Once the chocolate is melted remove from heat and slowly stir in the liquid coconut oil.
- Then stir in 1/4 cup almond butter (or sunflower seed butter for nut-free option), maple syrup, vanilla extract and eggs.
- Now whisk in the dry ingredients, the coconut palm sugar and unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Grease an 8×8″ square glass pan liberally with coconut oil or butter and pour in the brownie batter. Then pour the remaining 1/2 cup almond butter (or sunflower seed butter for nut-free option) evenly over the top of the batter and gently slide a butter knife around to create swirls through the batter.
- Cook for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool and enjoy!