Paleo Pumkin Custard
- 1 ¼ cups organic coconut milk
- 4 large pastured eggs
- ½ cup grade B maple syrup
- ¾ cup canned pumpkin pu
- ree 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp Celtic Sea Salt
- ½ cup toasted coconut flakes (bake raw flakes in a single layer on cookie sheet at 300F
for 5 minutes until golden brown)
- Preheat oven to 325F and boil a full kettle of water
- Prepare two 9 X 13 glass baking dishes by placing a small kitchen towel in the base of each.
- Heat coconut milk in a small saucepan until steaming but not boiling.
- Crack eggs into a large bowl; add maple syrup and whisk together.
- Slowly, bit by bit, add the warm coconut milk whisking vigorously
- Add in the pumpkin, salt, spices and mix well.
- Divide ramekins into the two baking dishes and distribute the custard evenly with a ladle.
- Fill the glass dish with boiling water until it reaches half way up the ramekins and carefully place in the oven.
- Cook for about 30 minutes until the custard is firm, to test if it is done insert a knife and you want it to come out clean.
- Transfer to wire racks and allow it to cool for about an hour, you can top it off with some toasted coconut and or berries!