- 1 cup organic hemp seeds
- 1 cup hot water for soaking
- 2 cups filtered, cold water for blending
- 2-3 dates (previously soaked in hot water for 10 minutes) (optional)
- 2 tsp spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice) (optional)
- 1-2 tsp vanilla extract or vanilla bean powder (optional)
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- High speed blender or food processor
- Cheese cloth or nut milk bag
- Glass mason jar or storage container
- Measure out 1 cup of organic hemp seeds and soak 8-12 hours in hot water. Overnight is ideal.
- Drain/discard soaking water and rinse hemp seeds
- Place hemp seeds, filtered cold water, dates, spices, vanilla and sea salt in blender
- Blend for 1-2 minutes or until mixture is creamy and completely blended
- Strain hemp milk through nut milk bag or cheese cloth.
- Store in glass container for up to 5 days or freeze for later use.
* Hemp milk is not as thick and grainy as nut milks, therefore the straining step can be negated. If you prefer a thinner milk, then strain with nut milk bag/cheese cloth.
** Keep refrigerated for up to 5 days.
Created by: Beth Fossum