Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 Medium butternut squash
- 2 TBSP coconut oil
- 1 Qt (4 Cups) of chicken broth/stock
- 1 Medium onion chopped into slices
- 1 TBSP curry powder (optional)
- 1 Can full fat coconut milk
- Celtic Sea Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut butternut squash in half, place cut side down on a cookie sheet and roast for about an hour.
- Sauté onion in coconut oil in stock pot for 5-7 minutes.
- Take the butternut squash, remove the seeds and scoop out the butternut flesh into stock pot.
- Add 1 quart of chicken stock/broth and curry powder and bring to a boil.
- Reduce soup to a simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the can of coconut milk and turn stove off and let cool.
- Use either an emersion/hand blender or a blender to mix.
- Salt and pepper to taste!
*For an optional garnish, roast the butternut squash seeds in some coconut oil/butter/ghee and finish with salt, pepper, and cayenne!