Golden Milk Recipe
Golden milk is our favorite new beverage! It warms the soul and nourishes in a way that tea and coffee do not. Golden milk is an ayurvedic beverage that is soothing, healing, and a great way to get your daily dose of anti-inflammatory turmeric. There are many different variations you will see online – this is our basic recipe.
- 1/2 cup canned or homemade, full fat coconut milk (you can use any good quality milk you like here – raw cows milk or raw goats milk)
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 1 tsp freshly grated turmeric root. If you don’t have access to turmeric root, use a high quality organic turmeric powder.
- ½ tsp freshly grated ginger root. If you do not have ginger root, use a high quality organic ginger powder
- ¼ tsp peppercorns
- 1 tsp ghee or grass-fed butter
- 1 tsp raw honey (or a little more to taste)Directions:
- Combine all ingredients in a small pot over medium heat and whisk to mix well.
- Once warm, you can drink it immediately.
- BONUS: To make the drink “frothy,” pour warm mixture into blender and blend for 30 seconds (hint: remove peppercorns before blending).
Share This Post