- ½ cup butter/ghee/coconut oil, melted and still very warm
- 1/3 cup grade A dark amber maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 Tbsp Great Lakes gelatin (red/orange can)
- 1 TBSP cardamom powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp Celtic/Himalayan Sea Salt
- ½ cup Enjoy Life chocolate chips
- ¾ cup dried figs, cut into small raisin-size pieces (about 15 black mission figs)
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoons almond extract
- Optional: ½ cup chopped pecans or other nut
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
In a small bowl combine the melted butter/ghee/coconut oil with maple syrup, vanilla and almond extracts and set aside.
- In a large bowl or in a food processor, combine the almond flour, gelatin, cardamom, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir in the butter mixture and mix with a hand mixer or in the food processor until the dough starts to come together in a ball – about 30 seconds in the food processor.
- Lastly add in the pecans, chocolate chips, figs, and coconut flakes. This may be easiest if you use your hands
- On a parchment-lined baking sheet, use about 3 tablespoons of dough per cookie and form into a ball. Press down to form the thickness of the cookie you desire.
- Bake for 12-13 minutes or until the edges are just barely golden brown.
*Sourced from Balancedbites.com