Many people think that bottled water is the way to go, however many brands of bottled water contain nothing more than tap water. In addition to pollutants in the tap water, you are also drinking chemicals leeching from the plastic bottles.
The good news? Here at Dr. Dan’s we use and recommend the economical Big Berkey, which is a Solid Block Carbon Filter System you can place right on your counter top. Big Berkey also offers an optional Fluoride Filter. Click this link for more information via our website http://www.berkeyfilters.com/?a_aid=553145837ce56&a_bid=d019dd55
For a built in Reverse Osmosis filter we recommend Radiant Life water filter system, which uses a 14 stage process that removes fluoride, lead, chlorine, MTBE, chromium-6, nitrates, pesticides, pharmaceutical residues, water-borne illness and also adds the minerals back in that are lost during this process.
See EWG’s (Environmental Working Group’s) bottled water scorecard here: http://www.ewg.org/health/report/BottledWater/Bottled-Water-Scorecard/Search
This Orly Breathable** nail polish is a great find that is not filled with many of the common chemicals, which also act as endocrine disruptors.
Some of the most toxic chemicals that you want to try to avoid are Dibutyl phthalate (DBP), Toulene, Formaldehyde and Formaldehyde resin, Camphor, and Triphenyl phosphate (TPT).
Also if you are looking to get pampered with a professional non-toxic mani or pedi, check out JaneGee in Portsmouth, NH!
**So far we have only found this specific Orly nail polish to be free of the toxic chemicals, not all products from Orly.
Golden milk is our favorite new beverage! It warms the soul and nourishes in a way that tea and coffee do not. Golden milk is an ayurvedic beverage that is soothing, healing, and a great way to get your daily dose of anti-inflammatory turmeric. There are many different variations you will see online – this is our basic recipe.
- 1/2 cup canned or homemade, full fat coconut milk (you can use any good quality milk you like here – raw cows milk or raw goats milk)
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 1 tsp freshly grated turmeric root. If you don’t have access to turmeric root, use a high quality organic turmeric powder.
- ½ tsp freshly grated ginger root. If you do not have ginger root, use a high quality organic ginger powder
- ¼ tsp peppercorns
- 1 tsp ghee or grass-fed butter
- 1 tsp raw honey (or a little more to taste)Directions:
- Combine all ingredients in a small pot over medium heat and whisk to mix well.
- Once warm, you can drink it immediately.
- BONUS: To make the drink “frothy,” pour warm mixture into blender and blend for 30 seconds (hint: remove peppercorns before blending).